What questions do you have about car insurance
We are bombarded with commercials on TV promising a better rate on car insurance to the point that we come to think that price is the only thing that matters when purchasing car insurance. I think the price is important but I believe other factors should be considered. Let me tell you about the 5 C’s that you should think about when deciding on a car or home insurance.
1. Coverage-if you don’t care about the coverage then maybe the price is the only thing that matters. Insurance is not a commodity; what I mean by that is, insurance policies can vary greatly from one carrier to the next. Limits can differ but also coverage on the policy determines how a claim will be paid out. For example, some policies will automatically cover custom parts on a car, while others do not. In the event of a claim, this could mean a difference of thousands of dollars in the claim settlement. Make sure you are getting the right coverage for your car.
2. Customer service: I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve had people call me and tell me they want to change agents because they can never get a hold of their agent or that he/she doesn’t answer their call and questions. IPA makes a real effort to be available for our clients. Our clients really are our livelihood and we want to take good care of them.
3. Claims: Is the insurance carrier you are about to sign a policy contract with known for paying their claims or known for dragging their feet and making people jump through hoops. Make sure you are choosing a company that treats its clients right when a claim does arise.
4. Cost: Yeah, you don’t want to over-pay for insurance. Using an independent agent like IPA can help you find the best coverage at the most affordable price. People are willing to pay more for value but they don’t want to pay more than they need to. We will help you find the best value for the best price.
5. Company: Is the carrier financially stable? Do they have longevity in the marketplace? You want to be sure the carrier you are doing business with is reputable and stable. Some companies come and go in the Arizona marketplace. We know the insurance industry and we can help you make good decisions about your insurance company.
So, although I agree the price is important, there are other factors to consider when purchasing your insurance. Your assets need proper protection and the Insurance Professionals of Arizona is the agency to help you make wise choices.