Via State Auto
With millions of Americans being victimized each year, identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in our country today. Although everyone is a potential target of identity theft, not everyone is protected. And that’s where State Auto can help you and your family.
For no additional cost, our Identity Theft Protection Program is provided to all State Auto home and farm insurance customers. The program includes complimentary Identity Theft Recovery Service, Identity Theft Education and Prevention Assistance, and Identity Fraud Expense Coverage.
Identity Theft Recovery Service
State Auto is partnering with Identity Theft 911®, the premier identity theft resolution provider in the nation. Here you’ll receive one-on-one expert assistance should you become a victim of identity theft. A personal advocate and fraud specialist will work with you every step of the way until your identity is restored. You’ll also receive:
- Assistance placing fraud alerts on credit reports
- Full-year of credit monitoring and active follow-up from your fraud specialist for victims
- Assistance interpreting credit reports for signs of fraud
- Help to notify credit bureaus, collectors, government agencies, and law enforcement
- Disaster Recovery Assistance to rebuild your identity after a natural disaster, such as a flood, hurricane, or tornado
- Also, a fraud specialist can assist in the resolution of a child’s identity theft, medical identity theft, or identity theft after a home fire or break-in
Access more detailed information about identity theft, including tips on how to avoid it, and other helpful resources from Identity Theft 911.
Digital Identity Services
- Social Media Compromise Assist – The list of social media outlets is extensive. This service helps you manage your reputation on social networks.
- Breach Assist – According to Javelin Strategy & Research, one in four people notified of a data breach in 2012 became a victim of identity fraud. This service helps if you’ve been notified that your data has been compromised.
- Email Compromise Assist – This helps you detect and recover from email hacking and manage online communication privacy.
- Phish Assist – Phishing involves tricking someone into providing personal information by sending a fraudulent email that appears to be from a trusted source. The email asks for verification of personal information to steal it. Phish Assist aids in avoiding phishing scams with detection and recovery support for your personal data, online usernames, passwords, and credit card data.
Identity Theft Education and Prevention Assistance
Many events and stages in life increase your risk of experiencing identity theft. Any situation involving the use of personal information could expose you to loss. This is why State Auto provides you with access to resources through ID Theft 911. We can put you in contact with a fraud specialist for advice and assistance in protecting your identity, even if you do not have a claim. Some common events that may prompt you to contact us are:
- Pre-marriage, newlywed and re-marriage situations
- Legal separation or divorce
- Active military duty
- Settling an estate
Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
State Auto provides, at no additional cost, up to $15,000 of coverage to pay for expenses incurred as a result of identity fraud.* Costs for notary fees, mailing costs, lost income, charges for long-distance phone calls, and more that are incurred as a result of identity fraud are also covered.**
How a Policyholder Obtains Service
- A concerned policyholder calls State Auto toll-free: (800) 444-9950.
- A State Auto Claims Contact Center associate validates the caller as a current policyholder.
- The policyholder is referred to State Auto’s Identity Theft area to determine the extent of service needed.
- The policyholder is transferred to an advocate from Identity Theft 911.